- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 (16 ounce) cans of pear halves, drained and spotted dry
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Grease the bottom of the cake pan with a removable base and lay out with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, oatmeal and baking soda in a bowl.
- Whisk egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, salt and almond extract in another bowl. Add the almond flour mixture until a sticky dough is formed.
- Press the dough into the prepared cake pan. Arrange the pears on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven until golden brown for 22 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 234 calories; 14 g fat; 24 g of carbohydrates; 5.6 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 102 mg of sodium.